Laser Hair Removal in the Denver Metro Area
If you’re tired of constantly removing unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be the perfect solution for you.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a non-invasive treatment that uses gentle beams of light to get rid of hair.
Laser hair removal works because the hair’s melanin absorbs the laser’s light and converts it into heat. This heat damages the follicle, preventing it from producing any more hair.
Hair is fully eliminated or significantly reduced after multiple sessions of laser treatment, thus eliminating the hassle of constantly shaving or waxing.
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
Laser hair removal is popular for its various benefits, including:
- It’s quick – Most sessions only last a few minutes. A session on the upper lip can take only one minute!
- The prevention of in-grown hairs – Shaving and waxing often result in painful in-grown hairs. Destroying the hair at the root with lasers prevents in-grown hairs from occurring.
- It can remove hair anywhere on the face or body – For women, common areas include: bikini area, chin, upper lip, underarms, and legs. For men, common areas are the chest and back.
- Precision – These lasers precisely target specific hairs, while keeping the surrounding skin undamaged.
- It’s a long term solution – Most people see permanent, lasting results.
What does a laser hair removal session look like?
First, the the hair is trimmed to a couple millimeters above the skin surface. You should limit any plucking, waxing or electrolysis prior to the session. Then, a small, hand-held laser device is placed on the treatment area where it delivers the light, which will destroy the hair follicles.
There may be some discomfort; many describe laser hair removal to feel like a small rubber band snapping against the skin. However, each session is quick, often only lasting a few minutes. To reduce any pain, numbing cream is available and should be applied 20-30 minutes before the session.
To completely eliminate or significantly reduce hair, it often takes several sessions, with downtime scheduled in between.
You can resume your regular activities after the session. However, the area will both look and feel sunburnt for the next couple of days. To treat any following discomfort, apply moisturizer and/or apply cool compresses. To prevent temporary changes in skin color, applying sunscreen on the treatment areas and staying out of the sun is also recommended for the following month.
After 4 to 5 weeks, you can return for your following treatment session.
Safety and Risks
Laser hair removal is generally safe. However, the most common potential side effects include blisters, especially for patients with darker complexions, blisters, scarring, and swelling.